SFCMP’s Sweet Thunder Festival welcomes some of the nation’s leading alt-classical performers for four unprecedented days and nights of music at Fort Mason Center, April 24-27.
Alongside SFCMP, the Bay Area’s “premier new music ensemble,” Sweet Thunder presents:
- The first SF appearances of ICE (The International Contemporary Ensemble) – whoThe New Yorker says sets “the new gold standard for new music,”
- JACK Quartet – “one of the Best New York Alt-Classical,” according to NPR,
- San Diego’s red fish blue fish percussion ensemble, who rocked Ojai North last summer,
- The “Grandfather of electronic music,” 81-year-old legend Morton Subotnick, in a rare and special SF performance,
- And many beloved heroes and heroines of the Bay Area taped music and electro-acoustic scene.
Don’t miss the biggest new music event of the year, with free events, installations, panel discussions and more. Get single tickets and passes, and more info at sfcmp.org/sweet-thunder.
Enter to win a VIP ticket package including a pair of Sweet Thunder Festival passes (good for all shows) AND a pair of Thursday night Launch Party passes here!
Thursday, April 24 — Sunday, April 27 @ Fort Mason Center, SF